Sunday, April 1, 2012

Question for Everyone

Over the years, I have noticed a tendency, in others and in myself. I would like to hear what others think, too. The tendency is to avoid mature brothers or sisters in Christ when we're going through a rough patch (due to sin, bondage, pride or whatever). Is it that we're ashamed and/or fearful that someone might hold us accountable or ask a pointed question? The flip side of this tendency is that we overly involve ourselves in common (worldly) things like entertainment or social gatherings. Could it be we're lonely, looking for something/someone to fill us?

What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I can only speak for myself, but it always involves the secret nature of personal sin and the fear of rejection. I am always afraid that someone with discernment will see right through me. Even more scary is that they will judge me because I am not what I was when I was filled with the Spirit and living at my best. I guess that's part of the deception. It was never my best anyway. It was His best for me.

    ReplyDelete