Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sabbath = Good

i'm not sure why my phone refuses to insert capital letters. this may be the first time i have blogged on the mobile browser.

regardless, i feel really relaxed right now. Hey, what do you know? I figured out the trick to capitalize in this browser. Sorry, ADD moment... Seriously, though, after working what seems like a lot of days in a row, I got some time off to go to a union convention followed by vacation in California.

I started this post on my phone on 6/24, but I gave up when it wouldn't let me make corrections or add anything.

During my time off, I was very relaxed. I didn't have the pressures of work or projects around the house. I was free to enjoy the awesome family God has given me, free to sleep in more than I usually can, and free to enjoy the days without any rain (as we had so much rain in the days and weeks prior to that). We enjoyed In-n-Out a few times. (They need to bring one out this way!) I didn't have to go to bed so early, because I was going to be sleeping at 5:30 when the alarm normally goes off 6 days a week. I read Tolkien's The Hobbit in its entirety and began reading The Fellowship of the Ring. I didn't spend as much time in the Word as I probably otherwise would have, but I was enjoying Him through enjoying that which He has given. We drove up Mt. Baldy and took the "scenic route" (read long way) down. It was absolutely beautiful. It reminded me of the mountains that we lived among in Bolivia. While we were up on the mountain, I found two pine cones that were each about 12 inches long... I didn't know they could get that big! Oh, and I didn't mention them specifically before, but my niece and nephew are both adorable (and I miss them lots)!

Anyway, now that I've been back going on two weeks, it's hard to remember to sabbath; or perhaps more accurately, it's just hard to set aside everything (that has piled up) and focus on and really enjoy our Creator. It's really hard--especially when you work basically every day and then have major catch up to do at home. Enough of that, though. Tomorrow is Sunday, and I get to enjoy family and friends, brothers and sisters, and, of course, God himself!

goodnight!

1 comment: