Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Clutter

My house is filled with clutter. There is a mess in every room save for the bathrooms. In the past, I've said, "I have a project in every room of the house." Whatever I call it doesn't change its nature. The clutter consists of books, cds, dvds, video games and systems, boxes/shipping materials for selling said video games/systems, t-shirts, tools, and other paper clutter.

The task of cleaning the mess is so daunting I don't know where to begin. It's not that I don't know where things are; I have a pretty good handle on that. The problem is that things are piled up just about everywhere. When I invite people over, I intend to get the other rooms in order, but I just end up cleaning the living room, bathroom, and the kitchen, ie. the presentable rooms. Also, when I do start cleaning, I get distracted easily.

This leads me to a couple of quick thoughts, which I'll throw out there now, since I've been putting off packing or going to bed.

1. Do we (like my cleaning for company) only work on the parts of our lives we project to others, or do we thoroughly clean (or allow Him to clean) our internal mess?

2. Do we have too many distractions in our lives (whether tangible items, work, people, events, etc.) that we can't hear God's voice?

No comments:

Post a Comment