This evening, after browsing the Xbox Live Marketplace, I decided to look for more Microsoft points to add to my account. Of course, this is not a need, by any stretch of the imagination. As I did price comparison, I was surprised and mildly annoyed to find the instant code download is more expensive than having a vendor ship a tangible, printed card with a code on it. I mean, really, there's little to no cost for the downloadable code to the seller, but the physical card has more cost associated with it-- material for the card, design cost, ink, packaging material, some sort of envelope, and shipping.
After I posed the question on my facebook status, I made the comment, "Clearly there is more cost associated with receiving something physical." And then it hit me... Clearly a real relationship of knowing someone and spending time with them costs more than a virtual one (ie. a facebook friendship).
Alright! That's it for me. Goodnight everybody!
Concerning the surface issue, instant gratification is worth a lot of money.
ReplyDelete