Sunday, March 6, 2011

Party like it's 1999?

The other night I signed in to Xbox LIVE and was just browsing the Dashboard, looking at new Arcade games and add-ons for my current games. When I went to the "Music Marketplace" tab, I saw that the Xbox LIVE featured artist is Britney Spears... who hasn't been cool in a long time... like say, before the existence of Xbox. The lyrics of one of her newer songs (I laughingly watched the 30 second preview) is actually a play on a lame/bad joke. I can't imagine there are a lot of gamers spending Microsoft points to buy BS songs or music videos.

4 comments:

  1. i spent a lot of money on britney. don't feel bad. you know you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only is it a lame/bad joke it has also been done before...back in 1979 written by the Bellamy Brothers. The music is not similar, but the lyrics are surely unoriginal. Britney is so unoriginal & irrelevant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much you think my vintage posters would go for in this market?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael (actually Melissa)-- that's funny... especially since it was Melissa's comment under Michael's signon.

    Ruth-- I was not aware of that. That's before my time. =) Yeah, she's kinda gross.

    Anthony-- Either $1.268 each or 'bout 40 cents each, depending on who you offer them to!

    ReplyDelete